Airfare/flights in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Im unable to find anything reasonable from Seattle to Bonaire for Feb 2016. Unless Im willing to make it a 2 day trip each way, the best I can find is $1200. Where are the $800-900 flights? Any input on a better time to travel, im looking for either the 13-20 or 20-27 of Feb.

Im unable to find anything reasonable from Seattle to Bonaire for Feb 2016. Unless Im willing to make it a 2 day trip each way, the best I can find is $1200. Where are the $800-900 flights? Any input on a better time to travel, im looking for either the 13-20 or 20-27 of Feb.
?? The first flight I see is a red eye on Delta, $879.

?? The first flight I see is a red eye on Delta, $879.
Yes and it is a 2 day trip. Im finding them for 800 but the layovers are in days. Maybe my post should have read, is there a better choice on days and length of trip for better pricing/length of trip

No. You can have an overnight, or an expensive flight.
You've got 4 time zones to go through, maybe 9-12h of flying, plus at least 1 layover (2 if you want to save money). That sounds like 14-16h plus to me. How do you plan to do that in one day? the United flight from SEA to BON (0545-1951h) with one stop in IAH is the best you are going to do on timing, and it is $1126.
Good luck.

You might have waited too long to make your reservations. In September, I paid just under $700 for flights from San Francisco to Bonaire (via Houston) in April 2016. Now those same flights are over $1400. And when we made our reservations, some flights we'd seen a month before were no longer available. There are only a few flights with a reasonable layover time (say, less than 3 hours) and then they get ridiculous after that. (Who wants to spend 9 or 15 house at the Houston airport?!?!?)

I didn't see anything good under $1100 either. There's a couple alternate scenarios you could try also.

Seattle to Curacao then Insel Air over/back. There's about 7 local Insel flights during the day. Including a pretty late one. Somewhere you have to pickup an American flight since I don't believe United flies into Curacao.

Downside is the early Curacao to MIA American Air flight used to leave at 7:30AM and you can't get there from Bonaire in time so you have to overnite on Curacao. Plus I can't think of any affordable options to stay nearby and it's high season. Cabs are also expensive from the airport to town - figure $40 each way.

Seattle to Aruba then Insel over. I know nothing about this.

Seattle to Charlotte then Insel Air to Bonaire. Probably wind up costing about the same. Insel flies non-stop to Curacao then continues to Bonaire on Sat.

Seattle to Miami then Insel to Bonaire. The flight leaves at 3PM though and with all the time zone changes I doubt it's possible. It's also $640 so unless you get a real good deal to MIA probably costs equal to or more than what you're finding.

Insel doesn't have the best on-time record either.

Airlines Serving Bonaire | InfoBonaire <- all your options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom