Air Vs Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
without getting into too many technical terminologies. what is the different between:

me going to a 30 m wreck dive with air !!

Vs

me going to a 30 m wreck dive using Nitrox 36 ?

lets say im just doing a 1 dive using only 1 tank, so no consern about second/ repeat dive or resdual nitrogen.?

how many inhalation cycle can i get with air Vs Nitrox?

what do you mean by inhalationcycles?

how many inhalation cycle can i get with air Vs Nitrox?

Seriously? This isn't right...it isn't even wrong.

P.S. At 30M on EAN36, you're above 1.4 O2 by a :censored:hair. Shame on you :wink:

You'll get more NDL time with Nitrox. Whether that helps you or not depends on whether the limiting factor for a 30m air dive is NDL or low on gas

For30m u might wanna use enax32

that didn't answer my question !!

i said, i will be doing 1 dive using 1 tank only.

are we using nitrox only to have ND only or does it provides more inhalation cycle ( how many times can you inhale out of a tank ) ?

last time i was using air, other people on the boat were using a nitrox, we almost assend and desend on the same time !! so why nitrox ? we were doing safty stop togeather !!

i though having more training might raise my bottom time, but im kinda hate the idea that im only allowed 20 to 30 min on most of the dives i do!!

I don't have my tables in front of me, but I'll explain it this way (sorry for a non-SI answer...):

Your answer is this question: What is the maximum bottom (NDL) time difference between a 95 ft depth dive (that is the "standard" depth limitation for EAN36 - term is MOD) and a 71 foot depth (term is EAD) dive?

MOD = maximum operating depth, EAD = equivalent air depth (you need the academics behind this)

Nitrox is a tool used when divers are having dives limited by their NDL and not tank volume (still have gas left). Based on air cosumption, Nitrox will not increase your dive time if you are using the same size tank. It does not change the amount of air you use in a inhalation cycle. If you want longer dives (within NDLs) then either better air consumption (skill development, physical condition, exposure protection, etc.) , or bigger tanks.

Nitrox really "shines" for repetative dives, yielding EITHER longer dives, or shorter surface intervals, but can be a trade-off as it may limit depth. Again, academics are essential.

Last edited:
Like I said, if gas consumption, or dive time, is your limiting factor, then there is no benefit to the increased NDL of nitrox.

There is no difference in the inhalation cycles between the different mixes, that should have been covered in your nitrox course.

I have used EAN36 for 30m but it's slightly above the usual PPO2, again this would have been covered in the course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom