Air mcdoodle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogfather

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I’ve seen this name thrown around a lot. Air mcdoodle!!!!! What is one?

Any of the second stages that are integrated into the BCD inflator. Examples are the Atomic SS1, Scubapro Air2, Mares Air Control.

They simplify a rig, but at the cost of complicating ascents and air shares.

since @tridacna tagged me...

Air 2, breathable inflator, Airsource, Duo Air II, SS1, Octo-Z II, Airsource, Air Control, all sorts of other names over the years.

The ridiculous floppy things that require special and often proprietary hoses, are a righteous PITA to deal with on ascents if you actually need them, should be outlawed for many reasons, but I'm surprised given COVID that the agencies are allowing them right now as they force you into primary donate, etc etc. The ONLY good thing they have ever done is enlighten recreational divers into primary donate concepts and then hopefully they throw them away and go to a long hose setup. Air McDoodle is unceremoniously stolen from James Mott and Brando Schwartz with the Great Dive Podcast and if you want to learn more about why we don't like them, please call into the Zoom call this evening, preferably with a drink in hand, and we can elaborate more :-D

TGDP - Trick or Treat Madness
Monday, October 26, 2020 8:15 pm EST
Meeting ID: 817 7319 7022
Passcode: 704226

since @tridacna tagged me...

Air 2, breathable inflator, Airsource, Duo Air II, SS1, Octo-Z II, Airsource, Air Control, all sorts of other names over the years.

The ridiculous floppy things that require special and often proprietary hoses, are a righteous PITA to deal with on ascents if you actually need them, should be outlawed for many reasons, but I'm surprised given COVID that the agencies are allowing them right now as they force you into primary donate, etc etc. The ONLY good thing they have ever done is enlighten recreational divers into primary donate concepts and then hopefully they throw them away and go to a long hose setup. Air McDoodle is unceremoniously stolen from James Mott and Brando Schwartz with the Great Dive Podcast and if you want to learn more about why we don't like them, please call into the Zoom call this evening, preferably with a drink in hand, and we can elaborate more :-D

TGDP - Trick or Treat Madness
Monday, October 26, 2020 8:15 pm EST
Meeting ID: 817 7319 7022
Passcode: 704226

Too funny, I just found out about TGDP this morning reading through a different thread and in one of the pod casts I listened to I heard them use the term Air McDoodle...I was about to insinuate the OP had been listening to the podcast until I saw your post.

With +6 hours difference between the time zone where I am and EST, not sure if I will be able to make the zoom meeting, but if I am still awake I will be there with some Glenmorangie or Woodford reserve in hand.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom