Air fills in The Exumas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sagibson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We're planning a bareboat charter out of Nassau heading to the Exumas in a few weeks. We've rented tanks on bareboat charters in other locations and had them refilled at shops throughout the trip. In the Exumas I'm not seeing any dive shops other than Dive-Exuma in Georgetown on Great Exuma. With only a short week on a sailboat I'm not sure we want to push that far south. I was hoping there would be one somewhere mid-way down through the chain. Has anyone had luck getting tanks refilled or is it rent tanks in Nassau and only get one dive each?

We're planning a bareboat charter out of Nassau heading to the Exumas in a few weeks. We've rented tanks on bareboat charters in other locations and had them refilled at shops throughout the trip. In the Exumas I'm not seeing any dive shops other than Dive-Exuma in Georgetown on Great Exuma. With only a short week on a sailboat I'm not sure we want to push that far south. I was hoping there would be one somewhere mid-way down through the chain. Has anyone had luck getting tanks refilled or is it rent tanks in Nassau and only get one dive each?
There are dive ops out of Staniel Cay. I imagine you'll find yourself in that area. In fact, I see someone else posted one of the operators already. Have fun!

Thank you! We're back home now and opted to only snorkel and free dive this trip. It's been a long time since I spent much time with a snorkel in my mouth. Now I really remember why I much prefer to be diving. Even Staniel Cay was farther south than we wanted to push since we only had the boat for 7 days. The first and last days are spent on the crossing between Nassau and the Exumas. The Exumas were awesome!!! We'll be back!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom