Air 2 Mouthpiece replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried to google this with no luck. Of course the questions always pop into my mind after the shops close or the "dive guy" as gone home. So here I am again...

The mouthpiece on my SP Air2 is too big for me. I can use it, but I would definitely prefer something smaller like the mouthpiece that came with my MK25. Does anyone out there know if the mouthpiece on this can be changed? I can see how to remove the existing one, but I don't see how I would fit a smaller one.

Any ideas? Or do I just need to start exercising those jaw muscles :05:

It might sound like a lot of money, but try one of the Seacure mouthpieces. The standard size of it is a little large for the Air2, but it is moldable with hot water, will fit your jaw perfectly, and you can just cut it down to a usable size for your backup air. If you haven't seen them, they run about $28 and come in 3 different sizes. Just a possibility.

stevetim:
It might sound like a lot of money, but try one of the Seacure mouthpieces. The standard size of it is a little large for the Air2, but it is moldable with hot water, will fit your jaw perfectly, and you can just cut it down to a usable size for your backup air. If you haven't seen them, they run about $28 and come in 3 different sizes. Just a possibility.

A seacure mouthpiece on an Air2 is like Indy race cars tires on a golf cart. Any current scubapro mouthpiece should fit your Air2. You could take the one off your primary and confirm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom