air 2 connector to standard quick disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeatCker

Contributor
Reaction score
i have a scubapro knighthawk BC with an air 2..
a while back in a thread someone showed a link to a connector/adapter that would allow the air 2 quick
disconnect to be used on a regular BC inflator nipple..
can anyone direct me to that link..
i picked up a gently used almost new BP&W and instead of changing hoses back and forth, i think the adapter would be handy..
thank you

The second link is useless to the OP; he doesn't need a shop air adapter, which is a completely different size.

Here is another source: https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Adapte...2&qid=1594170447&s=outdoor-recreation&sr=1-10

The second link is useless to the OP; he doesn't need a shop air adapter, which is a completely different size.
I am pretty sure that is actually the correct Trident part. The Amazon Title is bad. Farther down you will see in the description it connects a Scubapro Male to Standard Female. I don’t have my Trident catalog in front of me to get the exact part number to verify.

i have a scubapro knighthawk BC with an air 2..
a while back in a thread someone showed a link to a connector/adapter that would allow the air 2 quick
disconnect to be used on a regular BC inflator nipple..
can anyone direct me to that link..
i picked up a gently used almost new BP&W and instead of changing hoses back and forth, i think the adapter would be handy..
thank you
I would say that that's not a wise move. The standard inflation hose has a small schrader valve in a DIN QD. The Air 2 and the like integrated inflator + octopus requires a greater flow of air than that small schrader valve could hardly manage. That's why those integrated arrangements use a wider fitting like the CEJN QD or directly a fixed connection where the integrated inflator valve and octopus can be disconnected to the BCD and go with the regulator.
IMG_5429.JPG

I don't see the part numbers in the Amazon ad; here are the relevant Trident numbers:
upload_2020-7-7_21-18-12.png

The amazon picture looks like the S124.

Trident also shows this one, which is what I have to do the conversion.
upload_2020-7-7_21-20-30.png

I do not know what the difference is between the S124 and the AA09.

Much safer to go to someplace selling the Trident AA09!

I would say that that's not a wise move. The standard inflation hose has a small schrader valve in a DIN QD. The Air 2 and the like integrated inflator + octopus requires a greater flow of air than that small schrader valve could hardly manage. That's why those integrated arrangements use a wider fitting like the CEJN QD or directly a fixed connection where the integrated inflator valve and octopus can be disconnected to the BCD and go with the regulator.View attachment 596708
There is no problem here, except misunderstanding.

The OP has a SP Air2 and hose for it. he want sot use the same hose on a standard inflator. He wants an adapter to g from the high-flow SP connector to the low-flow schaeder valve in a standard connector. They exist. They work fine. There is no flow rate problem.

Now, if he wanted to go the other direction -- connect a standard hose to an Air2, it would be a BIG problem. But that is not what he is doing.

thank you all, for the advice...appreciate it

I'd check LeisurePro, Piranha, NESS, or DRIS. I got mine from one of them....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom