AI with doubles (non-overhead)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone here use AI with BM doubles? Question is for non-overhead diving, so no caves or wreck penetration.

When I mentioned to several local doubles divers that I wasn’t planning on giving up AI with doubles, I got eye rolls and “Are you nuts?”

I know a few folks that run the regular SPG on the left post and the AI transmitter on the right. I still run old school, but then again I can usually guess within 200psi where I’m at at any given time. Checking my SPG is just a sanity check for me.

I know a few folks that run the regular SPG on the left post and the AI transmitter on the right. I still run old school, but then again I can usually guess within 200psi where I’m at at any given time. Checking my SPG is just a sanity check for me.

Transmitter on right post was what I was planning on doing. The reaction I got was so over the top, I was curious how common it was.

I use AI on the right post and regular spg on the left. Otherwise very dir setup.
I have a short hp hose to connect the transmitter and use a short bungee around the cylinder neck to secure the transmitter in front of cylinder neck (Apeks DST with 5th Port). Set up like this the transmitter is completely out of the way. I use it also when diving in overhead environments.

I was curious how common it was.

The use of AI or the overreacting d-bag that treats you like a stroke. Both are relatively common, but notably uncommon as well.

When someone criticizes your setup to the point of rudeness, simply ask them “Who’s diving it? You or me?”. That usually makes them realize that you don’t care what they think.

The use of AI or the overreacting d-bag that treats you like a stroke. Both are relatively common, but notably uncommon as well.

When someone criticizes your setup to the point of rudeness, simply ask them “Who’s diving it? You or me?”. That usually makes them realize that you don’t care what they think.

AI was what I was referring to.

I simply tell idiots to eff off.

AI was what I was referring to.

I simply tell idiots to eff off.

I wouldn’t waist a moment asking, or stressing about what people say about my gear setup. I know of a few people diving the perdix AI for sidemount / cave. And both Lamar and Jared Hires were using AI for both CCR bottles synced up to a Nerd2.

I think BM doubles is an OK application to keep an SPG and add the AI. You have plenty of real estate on the manifold area where it can all stow out of the way.

I wouldn’t waist a moment asking, or stressing about what people say about my gear setup. I know of a few people diving the perdix AI for sidemount / cave. And both Lamar and Jared Hires were using AI for both CCR bottles synced up to a Nerd2.

I think BM doubles is an OK application to keep an SPG and add the AI. You have plenty of real estate on the manifold area where it can all stow out of the way.

Interesting to hear about the big muckety mucks using it for cave/CCR.

I was doing Perdix AI for SM and also do it for single tank. I flat out refuse to give it up, it's so danged handy.

Thinking divers are already using AI. My (serious cave diver) CCR instructor has them and told me to do the same. Thus I have two now on my ccr.
The pelagic transmitter used by shearwater is extremely reliable.

I use only AI on my BM doubles. I treat it just like an spg and deal with failures accordingly. With that said I have yet to experience a transmitter failure in hundreds of dives. I have experienced failures of the spg via spool o-rings and inaccurate readings.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom