AI with a good house reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mason Gierke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The wife and I are looking to finally take a honey moon. We are leaning towards Bonaire, Curacao, and Grand Cayman. We would prefer an AI resort for this trip, doesn't have to be first class but we do want nice. We are looking at Sunscape Curacao, Plaza in Bonaire. But what we are really looking for is a place with a nice house reef, beach and food all with in walking distance. Hoping for 2 boat dives in the A.M. and then go at our pace in the afternoon noon, hence the house reef. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

The Cobalt Coast on Grand Cayman might work but when are you planning to take your trip?

Cayman is currently restricting admissions but they will soon be opening their borders (in March 2021) to visitors that have had both doses of the covid vaccine and a recent negative test, with another test upon arrival. Things may get more relaxed after the vaccine is more widely in place and the pandemic is abating.

Cobalt Coast

Sunset House on GC might also work for you, breakfast is included but it is not an all-inclusive but there are restaurants onsite and it is close to town:
https://www.sunsethouse.com/

The Cayman dive resorts with house reefs like Cobalt and Sunset are located on the water but they are not beachfront properties. Cobalt Coast has a small beach area.

"If I knew then what I know now"...... Knowing what I do now I highly suggest looking at Southern Cross in Little Cayman. Perfect for a honeymoon. Very romantic, very secluded. Small resort and they cater to your every need. All inclusive with outstanding food. Large spacious boat, no house reef but can do 3 dives a day in arguably best reef/wall in Caribbean. True barefoot elegance. Outdoor shower 50 ft from the ocean.....sublime. Let me know if you want more information. Bill

Check what DiveTech has to offer as well. If you don’t need to be married to the AI. Look into Tortuga and Ocean Frontiers on the East End but if possible stay at The Cottages. Simply gorgeous.

The wife and I are looking to finally take a honey moon. We are leaning towards Bonaire, Curacao, and Grand Cayman. We would prefer an AI resort for this trip, doesn't have to be first class but we do want nice. We are looking at Sunscape Curacao, Plaza in Bonaire. But what we are really looking for is a place with a nice house reef, beach and food all with in walking distance. Hoping for 2 boat dives in the A.M. and then go at our pace in the afternoon noon, hence the house reef. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Divi Flamingo in Bonaire can be turned into an AI. But why? I claim the best bet is to take the breakfast package, shop for lunch and then do night dining in town about 10 minute walk away.

Only downside for the house dive is cruise ships.

Lions Dive Curacao. Not AI, but restaurant on premises, plus many other choices a short walk down beachfront. Great beach and house reef.

Buddy Dive Bonaire would be a reasonable choice or Pirates Point, LCBR, and Southern Cross on Little Cayman
Divi on Bonaire does not have as good a house reef as Buddy Dive, and Plaza Resort is IMO Meh. Buddy Dive not AI but breakfasts included and good restaurants in walking distance.

None of the Little Cayman Resorts have shore diving but the quality of the wall diving makes getting up in the morning easy. LCBR and Southern Cross offer optional PM boat dives as well.
Brac Beach Resort would also be lovely but you have to drive to get to shore dive sites.

My many time repeat go to is LCBR. Combination of great food, accommodation, wall diving and staff at a reasonable price point. I dream about the place.

Thanks for the replies, walking distance restaurants and a house reef are pretty high on the list, a decent house reef for easy afternoon diving is a big selling point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom