AI transmitter on hose - leave transmitter O ring or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I would still ask myself, do I want something sticking out from my 1st stage?

I avoid extra bits where I can like most people and always handle my gear with little worry that someone would lift the whole tank by it, but a couple weeks ago two people walked past my rig and put their hands straight onto my transmitter to steady themselves on a boat, one guy heavy in full dive gear, the other one of the dive boat crew. That did it for me.

Now it looks like this, it's not as ideal as without hose, but I'll still call it streamlined and it feels a whole lot safer, from people at least.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 93
I avoid extra bits where I can like most people and always handle my gear with little worry that someone would lift the whole tank by it, but a couple weeks ago two people walked past my rig and put their hands straight onto my transmitter to steady themselves on a boat, one guy heavy in full dive gear, the other one of the dive boat crew. That did it for me.

Now it looks like this, it's not as ideal as without hose, but I'll still call it streamlined and it feels a whole lot safer, from people at least.

Do you have an alternate SS in your kit, Octo.?

in solo config my octo is on the pony.

I see that you have your first stage top is tilted to the right so the turret is on the bottom but tilted to the left. Wouldn't it be more comfortable if you had the top of the first stage tilted slightly to the left so that your primary second stage fits more comfortably in your mouth? (I am not saying that one way is wrong or right, just trying to understand your set up here).

I see that you have your first stage top is tilted to the right so the turret is on the bottom but tilted to the left. Wouldn't it be more comfortable if you had the top of the first stage tilted slightly to the left so that your primary second stage fits more comfortably in your mouth? (I am not saying that one way is wrong or right, just trying to understand your set up here).

I mounted the 1st stage upside down to make it lower profile and used to dive it straight, now with the transmitter on the hose I tilt it (which also works a bit better for the LP inflator) and precisely due to the 2nd stage mouth comfort I'm now fitting a swivel to make it all work - good spot :)

trying to use all the mounting freedom I have to get it ideal and low profile.

I mounted the 1st stage upside down to make it lower profile and used to dive it straight, now with the transmitter on the hose I tilt it (which also works a bit better for the LP inflator) and precisely due to the 2nd stage mouth comfort I'm now fitting a swivel to make it all work - good spot :)

trying to use all the mounting freedom I have to get it ideal and low profile.

Is the first stage a SP Mk25 with rotating turret?

Hmm I thought they just used a different spool but ok, we're talking about proper gear here anyway :poke:

I think it will work either way, but I had a problem with a certain brand of HP hose that i was using with our transmitters developing leaks...I posted about it on SB and someone posed the question about the o-ring on the threaded connection of the transmitter. I looked into the matter and the Suunto documentation I found indicated the o-ring should be left i place. Whether it is really needed or not is another matter.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom