AI Transmitter mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busy Beav

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Curious to know if we should disconnect the AI transmitter after each dive or is it something that always stays on the regulator, like a pressure gauge?

Leave connected.

But make sure you purge the line pressure between dives. Transmitters are pressure activated so when there is pressure in the line it "turns on" the transmitter. So during your surface interval/between dives you can save a lot of battery by not having your transmitter constantly being on while not in use.

I'm curious why you got the idea in your head in the first place that there's a need or benefit to disassembling a vital piece of life support gear after every dive.

It would be like me waking up one day, looking at my gear and comtemplating if i should drain all the air from my tanks and take the valves off.

It's not a lot of context here, but the OP is probably like me and new to transmitters……..

No offense to the OP. But this reminds me of a post years ago when a diver would remove the battery in his computer between dives to save on battery life.

I have mine connected via a quick disconnect with a 4" hose to the 1st stage. The hose stays connected to the 1st stage.

Back
Top Bottom