Agir ratatosk sidemount system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aftersun

New
Reaction score
I can really recommend Agirs new sidemount rig called Ratatosk. There isn't much info on it out yet but I've tried it and works very well. It's a minimalistic design with very few parts that could break.
The wing: Side Mount Wing
The harness: Harness

The bungees are fixed. You cannot unclip them under water. If you dive in unconventional positions, and the tanks move (a lot), and you manage to get entangled in the bungee (oh yes, I did - and the tank came uncomfortably close to my face) then it's nice to just unclip the bungee, untangle, reclip. Other that that, looks nice. Superb build quality. Optimal weighting.

The wing seems to be a little bit on the small side. Perhaps it is meant for two tanks only, aluminium, wetsuit? I was diving with a buddy who had the Hollis 100 sm-kit (similar size wing I guess). She could barely float. If her drysuit would have failed then the wing would not have brought her back to the surface with all her weights and stage tanks. This wing seems to be no bigger. Wouldn't go deep with it.

$500Euro (almost $680 USD) for that? It must be a razor! LOL

You can build your own for under $60. Then just add any wing or make your own for very little. These systems are made to be simple (I love my homemade one) and therefore should be priced accordingly.

Sorry for making comment in an old thread, but i cant help to notice the speculations regarding the name Ratatosk.
Believe it or not but it's a reference to Norse mythology. Ratatosk is the name of a squirrel running up and down the World tree, Yggrdrasil, in order to pass information to the eagle, Hraesvelg, at the top and the dragon, Nidhogg, at the roots.

You learn something new every day.

Funny.

So you got the razor, the stealth, the avenger, and then there's squirrel :D

Still looking for "the Lemming"

Back
Top Bottom