Aggressor VS Explorer Ventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbles3d

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I have a chance to take a live a board w/ Explorer Ventures to Caicos Island. I found some information in this forum over 2 years old. It was NOT favorable to Explorer Ventures. Has anyone taken a recent live a board w/ them? Have they improved? I am beginning to think we should not make these reservations. Can anyone help? We are suppose to put our deposit down very shortly. Thanks so much.

Turks and Caicos?

I've done both live aboards there. :) I did the Aggressor in June 2006 and just got back from the Explorer boat last Saturday. :) Both boats have excellent crews and the food is great on both boats. You definitely aren't going to starve! The rooms on the explorer boat are a little bit bigger, but the Aggressor boat is cosmetically prettier. :wink: ... It looks like they are getting ready to do some touch ups on the Explorer boat.. They have been sanding and priming some places on the boat.

If you take pictures or do video then the aggressor boat has a better camera table and the aggressor boat also goes a step farther in customer service and offers a cd of pictures of the week and offers a dvd for sale.

You really can't go wrong with either boat. :)

bubbles3d,
this past aug my dive buddy and i went out on the explorer.
there were only 12 other divers.
the food was good and plenty of it.
the cabins were kept clean and tidy.
plenty of room on the dive deck.
crew was always right there when needed.
saw unbaited sharks on every dive.
the biggest difference is the $.
regards,

a lot of the "bad" stuff I recall reading about the T&C Explorer in the past was related to logistics on land more than the trip itself.

Back
Top Bottom