Aggressor III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUKE2218

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am taking my first live aboard trip in March and was wondering if anyone has taken the Aggressor II to Belize. If so how much luggage did you bring considering dive gear?

Thanks
duke

Not sure what you're asking. I haven't been on the BA but I do other liveaboards regularly. From the "Know Before You Go" link on their Belize page:
CLOTHING
Please plan to travel light, as on all live-aboard dive yachts, space is limited. We recommend that you pack
your gear in soft luggage such as a duffel bag for easy stowage and to add to your comfort in your cabin.
Clothing should be lightweight, comfortable sportswear; sunscreen and swimsuits are a must. A light
sweater or jacket is ideal for evenings. Dress is always casual and informal. Additional items you may want
to bring are sunglasses and walking shoes for you time on shore.
DIVE GEAR SUGGESTIONS
We suggest you pack the following: mask, fins, snorkel, regulator with pressure gauge, depth gauge,
buoyancy compensator, dive computer, dive light, mirror, safety sausage, Dive Alert and/or other safety
devices. Dive computers are mandatory for each guest. Each piece of gear should be marked with
waterproof paint or tape.
RENTAL DIVE EQUIPMENT
A full line of Aqualung rental gear is available aboard including regulators, BCs, dive computers, and night
lights. If any of your dive equipment fails while onboard, the crew will loan you equipment free of charge.
As far as luggage, I have a lightweight hard-bottomed rolling duffel. Weighs about 6lbs. empty. All my gear, clothes etc. in it weigh under 45lb. My carry-on is a legal sized hard case - in it goes mask/computer/video gear/laptop and a few days worth of clothes. I just bought a 8" windows tablet with keyboard so that will be my new "laptop" from now on.

We also have a digital luggage scale that we bring since my buddy usually has a full 3MM wetsuit and is generally right at 50lb. so on the return when gear is still damp he often goes over so I'll take something of his in my bag. In the tropics my standard dive suit is microfiber shorts and a t-shirt - I own a 1MM skin which I take sometimes. One nice thing about my bag is it folds pretty flat so fits under a bunk, in a closet or in luggage storage on the boat.

I have made two recent trips on the Belize Aggressor. I took a lot less stuff on the second trip. Because of all the SCUBA gear and UW camera gear, I end up with two checked bags on the airplane. The crew will give you an opportunity to unload all your stuff into your cabin and the dive deck, and then they will stow any large suitcases for you.

Back
Top Bottom