Aggressor Fleet is Offering 33% Off Again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
aggressorsale.JPG

While my dance card is full for 2017 (my plans; hope the blessings come), this sale is a great opportunity. Last year I took advantage of the 32% version (drove my boss & his secretary nuts trying to get time off cleared) to get a sweet deal on a Cayman Aggressor IV trip.

This would be a good time to grab one of those more expensive trips; if I didn't already have plans, I'd have my eye on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor (but I'm pretty much stuck on U.S. & Caribbean diving; those with broader horizons have other opportunities). On the cheaper side, this could knock the Bahamas Aggressor way down into budget live-aboard territory, and I hear good things about that Tiger Beach itinerary they're doing.

Richard.

Thanks for posting--I just booked a return trip to the Caymans!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this - anyone have suggestions for a liveaboard first-timer? We've taken Bonaire dive vacations for the last 3 years, and I was thinking it might be a nice change-of-pace to do something like this, but no clue where to go. We prefer easy dives - I'm not into anything overly challenging in the water!

Looks like this deal ended March 2, but there may be others. Turks & Caicos or the Caymans would make a good first liveaboard trip

I would put a slight caveat on the T&C liveaboard depending on your comfort/experience level. While the conditions are relatively benign, the dives can be pretty deep (recreationally speaking). Several of the wall dives start with wall tops in the 60 ft. range, so cruising around under the boat after the wall portion of the dive can still result in fairly deep average dives. Not a big deal as long as you keep it in mind when deciding on your dive plans with opportunities for 4 to 5 dives per day. Just be careful and dive smart (and have fun :)).

Thanks for posting this - anyone have suggestions for a liveaboard first-timer? We've taken Bonaire dive vacations for the last 3 years, and I was thinking it might be a nice change-of-pace to do something like this, but no clue where to go. We prefer easy dives - I'm not into anything overly challenging in the water!

Yes!

Sun Dancer 2 (Belize) May 2015 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ving-belize-via-sun-dancer-2-may-2nd-9th.html
Cayman Aggressor IV May 2016 - http://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/cayman-aggressor-iv-trip-may-2016.527640/

Either should be sweet indeed; I'd been to Bonaire multiple times when I started going for live-aboards.

Want more info. on the topic, including discussions of T&C's depth issues?

Picking a Caribbean Live-aboard - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/li...ats/495738-picking-caribbean-live-aboard.html

Richard.

Raja Ampat was on my list after you all talked me into Komodo which I am so glad you did. This popped up so I took advantage with someone I met on the LOB in Komodo. We picked up the Raja Ampat Aggressor in mid October out of Sorong. It's probably not the best boat to be doing it with, but I sure like the price!

Back
Top Bottom