AGA free flowing problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darthcoker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings
1) Some of our team AGAs are starting to free flow (these are fairly old units, but pretty well maintained).

I have tried just about everything to fix the problem - new parts, adjusting the valve insert, etc.
Even when I get one working on the surface in the work room - as soon as it get back in water - off it goes again.

2) Also, the lever assemblies (the small lever on outside of the reg. housing) frequently wont shut off - the lever keeps popping back open. Have replaced all the internal parts - with the exception of the Valve Housing. I suspect the small notch in the housing is worn and will no longer "capture" the lever nipple.

Have spoke with Interspiro and so far their suggestions are not working.

Does any one have any recommendations on these 2 problems?

SC
darthcoker@yahoo.com

Wish it was that simple - no - have tested them myself and am sure it was not the seal.

Thanks for suggestion though

Greetings
1) Some of our team AGAs are starting to free flow (these are fairly old units, but pretty well maintained).

I have tried just about everything to fix the problem - new parts, adjusting the valve insert, etc.
Even when I get one working on the surface in the work room - as soon as it get back in water - off it goes again.

2) Also, the lever assemblies (the small lever on outside of the reg. housing) frequently wont shut off - the lever keeps popping back open. Have replaced all the internal parts - with the exception of the Valve Housing. I suspect the small notch in the housing is worn and will no longer "capture" the lever nipple.

Have spoke with Interspiro and so far their suggestions are not working.

Does any one have any recommendations on these 2 problems?

SC
darthcoker@yahoo.com
what IP the first stages?

Just for info - finally found the problem - the Wire Lever was bent - only about 1/8" off - not sure how this happened, because the lever if prettty stiff - had to use 2 pliars to bend it back.
This corrected the problem and unit worked fine afterward.

The lever on the outside you are referring to; positive pressure assembly?

The wire lever is inside the regulator housing - the "spoon" on the Valve insert sits on it and the diaphragm sits on top of them both. The wire lever is the internal part of the LEVER assembly.
There is an EXTERNAL lever that is also part of the assembly - it is used to shut-off the air flow when the mask is removed from the diver.
Not sure if this is making it any clearer - the parts manual is PDF or I would attach a pic of this.
(Inspiro makes a gage to measure the angle of the wire and how far it is suppose to be bent)

S Coker

Like this...

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 124
That is the repair kit - the wire piece I am referring to is 1 of the pieces in this kit. It is the U shaped wire item with the hooks on each end.

Back
Top Bottom