After Dive Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flora

Reaction score
There was a thread about what to do with your hair after a dive. There were lot and lots of great ideas.
I think I found one of the best things. Its called Sleek and Shine from Garnier, is a light oil. After my most recient dive I put some in and as my hair dried it felt so wonderfull. Not that brittle feel from the salt.
I highly recomend this product.

Flora

Flora:
There was a thread about what to do with your hair after a dive. There were lot and lots of great ideas.
I think I found one of the best things. Its called Sleek and Shine from Garnier, is a light oil. After my most recient dive I put some in and as my hair dried it felt so wonderfull. Not that brittle feel from the salt.

Flora

The best thing I've found for my hair was Thermasilk's detangler- I keep a bottle of it & a comb in my gear bag.. Post dive hair is such a pain (especially for us with longer hair) :silly:

I´ll give them both a go.!! My hair is a nightmare for me, as its long, I´m in and out of the water 4 times a day, and the salt is destroying my hair, that and the sun on it all day too.I´ve tried all sorts of products, but the only thing that has actually made a difference, is hand cream!!!! My hairdresser told me to put some on the ends and top each time I get out of the water, it doesn´t help with the sun, but it does stop the ends from getting so horrible!

I use Biolage Conditioning Balm. I have hair a few inches below my shoulders and I only need a nickle sized dollop (about half pump from the pack) and I am good to go all day -in and out of the water, hoods etc. Rinse with fresh water and brush.

I have also started to put one full pump in a mini travel size spray bottle and fill with fresh water. I spray dry hair before the dive - light mist. And it works a treat - even less product, still great results!

My gf and I use Boots “Sun & Swim” 2 in 1 shampoo (“active cleansing for hair exposed to sun, sea and chlorine,” according to Boots).

Redken makes a hair sunscreen that works well against pool chemicals, as well as salt water. I had my hair colored (red, which is the worst for fading) the week before we went to Cozumel, and after 11 dives, my hair still felt wonderful and the color was still vibrant. (I sound like a commercial, haha.) Ask your stylist for advice.

I use VO5 'Sheer Hairdressing' - it's a leave-in anti-frizz & shine creme, but for some reason it works well at detangling my after dive mess without making it look like I greased it all up. I keep a little 1 oz. squirt bottle in my dive bag.

coat your hair in coconut oil, braid it, and then after the dive just wash out

QUOTE=Flora]There was a thread about what to do with your hair after a dive. There were lot and lots of great ideas.

Flora[/QUOTE]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom