After dive : brief altitude commute

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would wait. Out here we had a local dive instructor who did a few training dives, then drove across the island (maximum elevation about 1,700 ft) and took a hit. She survived but never dove again.

Are you using a dive computer?.... Most commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of 7000 feet so if the dive computer had me in No Fly I wouldn't make the drive to that altitude.

I have a Pedrix AI.

I cannot recall it ever indicating no-fly ?

I do not have the Perdix AI sorry. My current (Aqualung I550c) and previous (Cobra 3) computers both do have a no fly indicator.

Are you using a dive computer?.... Most commercial airliners are pressurized to the equivalent of 7000 feet so if the dive computer had me in No Fly I wouldn't make the drive to that altitude.
8000 ft is a more appropriate altitude to use. Commercial airliner requirements call 8000 as the design max cabin altitude. While some are lower, 8000 is a more conservative number, and it is the cabin altitude of the 737, which, of course, is a common dive destination aircraft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom