Suggestion "affiliate codes"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
letterboy

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was watching some of my favorite youtubers and they mention affiliate links, and affiliate codes as a way they make money. And seeing the Mako auction...

It got me thinking, does SB have anything like these? Ie I enter the code "SBRULEZ" at checkout and I get ~5% off my order and SB gets a few pennies from my order.

Just a thought that there are some who can't or don't want to support SB via subscription but might be able to in this small way.

I have no frame of reference for how much it would take to setup or what the ROI would be.

Call this, a after only 1 cup of coffee idea.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a very good idea! We don't have those arrangements at present, but it's something we'd be happy to implement with select manufacturers and distributors.
We'll follow up, and if you'd consider an email to the Contact Us address of anyone you do a lot of business with, I'm sure Pete would be happy to chat with someone who appreciates the exposure our discussions generate.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom