Aeris Reefrider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmps

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I havent' found much here on the Aeris Reefrider. I dove with one over the weekend and liked the simple BI design. This was in a 7mm in cold water. I put the extra lead abouve what the trim and drop pockets held in the regular pockets.. The 30#s of lift seems ideal. My main use will be warm water. Does anyone have any thoughts on this BCD?

I got a lot of info on a BP/W setup on another thread and I will decide between this BI and BP/W.

Thanks

Thanks. I found that site before. I am hoping to find info from someone who dives with it. If it has any annoying traits, how it is holding up, etc...

Can't help there but would be intrested in what is said. I am looking for a travel BCD and the reefrider comes up in my research. Don't know anyone that owns one.

m3830431:
Can't help there but would be intrested in what is said. I am looking for a travel BCD and the reefrider comes up in my research. Don't know anyone that owns one.

I ended up going with the Sequest Balance instead of the Reef Rider. The advantages to me were:

1. The LDS that carries it will do annuals on it for free.
2. The trim pockets are on the rear of the BC rather than on the tank strap. The main removable pockets have handles for easy removal so I can hand them up on a boat dive easier.
3. The total weight capacity in the pouches is 30 rather than 20 lbs. Given my size I can do cold water (aka 7mm) without having to stick the weights in the pockets as well as the weight pockets.

Disadvantages:

1. It costs a bit more
2. The XL has 50# wing.

I don't know if not having a cummberbund is a plus or minus. I did see some posts saying the Balance doesn't ride up for them. I guess I will see. Either BC seems to be very good. I really like the open feeling and spartan nature of both. I almost went BP/W but liked the price on the BC since it included everything I wanted and nothing I didn't at one fairly low price.

Back
Top Bottom