Aeris Manta ERR message

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogenia

Contributor
Reaction score
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Dutch Caribbean
# of dives
50 - 99
After a year and a half of faithful service my Aeris Manta now goes into Err mode telling me that I am at 60 meters below the service when I am on the beach. Anybody else had this problem or is it just time to get a new dive computer.

Been ogling the Suunto D4 or the new Mares Icon HD.

Don

I went through 4 Mantas (all replaced under warranty) with recurring depth and/or battery errors. After the last one I gave up and replaced it with an XR2, which has been flawless.

I also have a D4, which I use for freediving. As a day-to-day watch it is great; as a freedive computer, superb; if you like the Aeris/Oceanic algorithm, you'll like the Suunto one not so much. Hence I use it just for freediving.

I'd heard that the factory finally acknowledged the issues with the Manta, and had presumably fixed them. Kick a bit, because of the track record, and it might get replaced.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom