Closed: Aeris EX 100 BC Medium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott

Technical Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I picked this up for debt owed and won't wear it, I'm a size L, so I honestly can't tell you how it dives.
There are a couple threads here on SB about this model.
Looks to be fairly comfortable.
I know it has a small number of dives on it so it hasn't been abused.

Size: Medium
Lift: 38 pounds
Dry Weight: 6 pounds 14 oz
Weight Capacity:
20 pounds ditchable
10 pounds non ditchable

Your Like New Price: $150 plus shipping and PayPal fees
Or make me a reasonable offer.

Some sites say it retailed for around $300.

Shipping from 84081

IMG_2555.JPG

IMG_2557.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

From Scuba Diving Magazine

Features:

• 420-denier nylon construction
  • Removable closed-cell pad on a rigid backpack
  • Depth-compensating adjustable cummerbund
  • High-security weight-ditch system
  • Large zippered pockets
  • Molded carry/lift handle
  • Substantial buoyant-lift capacity in larger sizes
Performance:

Aeris’ EX100 comes with a redesigned integrated-weight system that features a new squeeze-buckle-style release on its weight pouches, which substantially increases security; it requires depressing the buckle flanges before yanking on the handle — rather than simply yanking on the handle — to ditch weights, which takes a little getting used to. The primary ballast system is backed up by a couple of well-positioned rear trim pockets that test divers found functional and easy to load. The EX100’s power inflator is well shaped to fit comfortably in the hand. Responsive inflate/deflate buttons and exhaust valves enabled test divers to maintain very good buoyancy and ascent control. The 420-denier-nylon material makes for a lightweight jacket, but leaves you a bit susceptible to shoulder twists when climbing into it. But once in, a padded backpad, contoured shoulders and an adjustable cummerbund allowed divers to achieve a snug fit. The two cargo pockets are huge and easy to access.

Bottom Line:

The EX100 is a lightweight all-purpose BC that offers all the basics plus throws in some nice extras, all for the lowest price of any BC in the General Purpose category.

Last edited:
Deleted

Last edited:
definately won't fit me but I tried out the XL at the shop several times.... decent BC though

Back
Top Bottom