Aeris Elite T3 replacement wristband?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barmaglot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The rubber wristband on my Aeris Elite T3 broke on my last trip. As a field expedient, I used a pair of zipties to attach the computer to one of my camera's strobe arms, and it worked great - actually more convenient than a wrist mount - but I still need a solution for when I dive without my camera. It looks like Deep Sea Supply used to make a bungee mount for it, but they appear to be out of business. Searching for Oceanic VT3/Hollis DG03/Aeris Elite T3 strap or wristband doesn't return anything useful. What are my options?

The rubber wristband on my Aeris Elite T3 broke on my last trip. As a field expedient, I used a pair of zipties to attach the computer to one of my camera's strobe arms, and it worked great - actually more convenient than a wrist mount - but I still need a solution for when I dive without my camera. It looks like Deep Sea Supply used to make a bungee mount for it, but they appear to be out of business. Searching for Oceanic VT3/Hollis DG03/Aeris Elite T3 strap or wristband doesn't return anything useful. What are my options?
If you only broke the strap and the strap pins are still in place and functional, then I would suggest removing both straps and using velcro threaded under the pins for a wrist mount. This is what I did with my wife's Oceanic VT 4.0 for over a year. - It works. I randomly came across a new set of replacement straps in Kona, Hawaii last September and bought them, but the velcro will work. I have an Elite T3 also- it is my backup computer. This fix will work for all of the computers mentioned.
You just need to find the correct width of velcro. I found mine in a local sewing shop.

Thank you. Yes, the pins are intact - the strap split on the on the first hole, where the buckle tongue usually goes (I have thin wrists). I'll try the Velcro method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom