aeris elite help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idratherbediving

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
having a problem with an aeris elite, before entering water, after attempting to turn it on, it started flashing alt and then it powers off. anyone experience or hear of this happening?

Bump

idratherbediving:
having a problem with an aeris elite, before entering water, after attempting to turn it on, it started flashing alt and then it powers off. anyone experience or hear of this happening?

Have one too.

Never had this happen to me.

Where did you get it from?

My LDS. I am dropping by there tomorow eve but wondering if there was something quick that can be done for me to fix it on my own i replaced the battery and all it does is turn on flash ALT and than turn off. i have searched the paper manual as well as having searched the .PDF manual from the aeris website. i selected all the options to make the search more accurate and all it got was about high altitude diving no help down here at sea level. i attempted to reset it but once agaon all it does is flash ALT and turn off.

Any help would be awesome!!
John

BTW Stress and rescue pool 1 Ruled!!!

jhbryaniv:
My LDS. I am dropping by there tomorow eve but wondering if there was something quick that can be done for me to fix it on my own i replaced the battery and all it does is turn on flash ALT and than turn off. i have searched the paper manual as well as having searched the .PDF manual from the aeris website. i selected all the options to make the search more accurate and all it got was about high altitude diving no help down here at sea level. i attempted to reset it but once agaon all it does is flash ALT and turn off.

Any help would be awesome!!
John

BTW Stress and rescue pool 1 Ruled!!!

Honestly, I'm at a loss. I've never heard of this before. My Elite (as well as many other's) works flawlessly. I'm thinking battery related or it's just plain screwed up. It should be covered under warantee and If your LDS is customer focused, they should exchange the one you bought, with a new one and then they can deal with Aeris (not that dealing with Aeris is a problem). You might even want to suggest this to them. I know I wouldn't feel comfortable diving with a computer that malfunctioned.

Not sure if it changes anything with the swap but when i got the computer i used the upgrade prgram they offer so i had to get my computer straight from Aeris.

John

Dropped the computer off at the LDS they are sending the computer and sender back to Aeris and gave me a loaner till it gets it back free of charge. . . Get that from leisure pro. . .

John

jhbryaniv:
Dropped the computer off at the LDS they are sending the computer and sender back to Aeris and gave me a loaner till it gets it back free of charge. . . Get that from leisure pro. . .

John

Sounds like a fair deal. It should all work out fine.

This is a rare software problem you need to have this unit serviced.

idratherbediving:

jstahlman:
This is a rare software problem you need to have this unit serviced.

Have you had this happen before to you???

The computer when i dropped it off to the shop it started to go into some type of violation mode. The dive shop said it was some type of deco violation. anyway it got fedex'd out and Aeris will be looking at it. Not my problem for now. . .

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom