AERIS A1 vs IST "O40-NY"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yoni

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I'm relatively new to diving, but after over a year of diving and doing various specialty courses, I am starting to buy my own gear. Because of a cash flow problem, and the fact that diving equipment is EXTREMELY expensive where I live, I am buying equipment piece by piece instead of all at once - and for the most part online.
I would like to buy a inexpensive octopus, and there are two on sale for more or less the same price - "Aeris A1" and "IST O40-NY". They both seem to be standard, simple, "no thrill" regulators.
Has anyone had any experience with either one, and could give me any advice?
Thanks.

What is your primary reg? Its nice to keep the brands all the same to avoid service hassles.
That aside, of the choices given I would recommend the Aeris because service parts would be more widely available though I have no idea what sort of dealers you have there, and I think Aeris is a higher quality brand in general.

Well this may sound strange to you, but I haven't yet bought my primary regulator. I thought to take advantage of a sale price. I do have my eye on the Aqua Lung Titan or the AERIS AT- 400 ION. Is it that important to have the Primary reg and the octopus from the same company?

Both are serviced at the same time so it's good if they're from the same manufacturer or both brands your local shop can service. IMHO Aeris is a better brand than IST.

Aqualung worldwide is going to have a better dealer network if you plan to travel.

Aeris is also being consolidated into the Oceanic brand (same company) so you may not have seen the bottom pricing on Aeris models - not sure if they're closing them out yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom