Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mallinr

New
Reaction score
OK, I have been reading and reading, now I need some help. Fairly new at this diving thiing. Certified over a year 25 dives logged, I went to Bonaire a couple of weeks ago, rented an MX10, and boy do I have the bug now. I really like it. I did not have any problems with bouyancy or paying attention to my gages, and I really enjoyed the picture taking. I left with the idea that I would get an MX 10 before my next trip. Well after reading this forum, I am about convinced that I should go digital. I am looking at an Oly 5050 for $519, figuring I'll get that and add the PT--015 before my next trip. I read someone suggesting that I use the camera w/o a strobe attachment for awhile before investing in that pice of equipment. Sooo after all of that my question is am I nuts or is this a pretty good plan to get started in U/W photo?

Sounds like a good plan to me! In fact, it's exactly the same advice I would give you myself.

BTW...welcome to the Board! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom