Advice RE: Panglao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

from my experience in Bohol, diving with PID was less than impressive (or maybe Im spoiled from Anilao) also the accomodations at Bohol Divers Lodge was one step above horrible. that was in dec 2007 so hopefully things have changed for the better

I just e-mailed the Alona beach dive operators who had e-mail ads. So far I got positive replies from Genesis, Baywatch and Bohol Fun Divers. Please help me choose. Or if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again,
Richard

aloha,

I dove with Philippine fun divers out of Alona beach. I did a total of 5 dives over 3 days. Balicasag Island is a must dive destination. Arco point was great for macro and just an all around fun dive. I did bring my own gear minus tank & weights. The shop does have rental gear available. The staff is first class and very proffessional. Some of the best diving I've done so far. The web site sold me on all I needed to know about the operation before I got there. Also divemaster Belyong knows the area well. Enjoyscuba diving bohol philippines

aloha,

I dove with Philippine fun divers out of Alona beach. I did a total of 5 dives over 3 days. Balicasag Island is a must dive destination. Arco point was great for macro and just an all around fun dive. I did bring my own gear minus tank & weights. The shop does have rental gear available. The staff is first class and very proffessional. Some of the best diving I've done so far. The web site sold me on all I needed to know about the operation before I got there. Also divemaster Belyong knows the area well. Enjoyscuba diving bohol philippines

Did you check out the night dive. I assume it would be close to the beach or house reef. I usually dive at night every chance I get as you really get a different assortment of critters.

Also what would you consider the minimum number of days to dive off of Panglao? Did Philippine fun divers always have a boat going to Balicasag or was it an every 2 or 3 day excurtion depending on divers? Just curious on the demand as it will calculate into how long I might stay there.

Anyone have the typical taxi/tricycle fare from the Airport at Tagbilaran to the beach/dive resort area of Panglao?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Did you check out the night dive. I assume it would be close to the beach or house reef. I usually dive at night every chance I get as you really get a different assortment of critters.

Also what would you consider the minimum number of days to dive off of Panglao? Did Philippine fun divers always have a boat going to Balicasag or was it an every 2 or 3 day excurtion depending on divers? Just curious on the demand as it will calculate into how long I might stay there.

Anyone have the typical taxi/tricycle fare from the Airport at Tagbilaran to the beach/dive resort area of Panglao?

Thanks.
P600 one-way tagbilaran <-> alona was the standard rate van transfer rate back in 2008.

When we used Phil Fun Divers they only had a boat going to Balicasag when there were enough divers who wanted to go. This was back when they just opened, so they may have expanded since then.

If you just want to dive Balicasag, best to do it like going to Verde from PG - go around to the different dive shops to see who's going that day.

Try Atlantis on Alona Beach.
Dived with Roger, the dm, most of the time. If he is still with the dive shop......well over 10yrs experience.
Plenty of new and expensive places to stay now when compared 10 years ago.
Except around Christmas and Easter, there is always somewhere available.

Thanks.

No, did not get around to night dive. I think it best to contact philfun divers direct. They can better answer questions regarding Balicasag. I was able to dive Balicasag two days in a row. It is one of there most requested dives, so I am sure arrangments can be made.

If you will be in Bohol just to dive and not care about the beach,if I were in your shoes
I wouldn't stay in Panglao.You will probably better of staying at Bohol tropics in Tagbilaran.There are 3 dive shops in there I'm talking about Bohol Tropics itself.I dove with Bluewaterdive.com 2 years ago.
The good thing staying in Tagbilaran are :close to the airport,you can dive to Panglao,Balicasag,and Cabilao Island, bottom line you have easier access to all diving sites.Just a thought that you might consider.
Have a safe dive....

If you will be in Bohol just to dive and not care about the beach,if I were in your shoes
I wouldn't stay in Panglao.You will probably better of staying at Bohol tropics in Tagbilaran.There are 3 dive shops in there I'm talking about Bohol Tropics itself.I dove with Bluewaterdive.com 2 years ago.
The good thing staying in Tagbilaran are :close to the airport,you can dive to Panglao,Balicasag,and Cabilao Island, bottom line you have easier access to all diving sites.Just a thought that you might consider.
Have a safe dive....

Edwin,
Thanks for bringing that up. I have stayed at Bohol Tropics many times over the last few years, but have never used the dive center that is beneath them. Were there any surcharges for Cabilao and Balicasag??

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger,

Same price man,check bluewater.com for there$200 3days 9dives + 3day lunch.
When are going to Bohol? I will visit Bohol somtimes in June.

Good Luck,
Edwin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom