Advice on wide angle choice??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

niall.nf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

I've recently decided that the time has come to make the leap into the world of underwater photography.
The wide angle stuff has always interested me more than the macro stuff and I’m diving in cold water, so its a little dark at times, I don’t mind spending too much $$$ but don’t want to spend a fortune either on my first set up. I’ve spent quiet a while reading some brilliant advice on here and have come up with this set-up:

Canon Powershot SD990IS
WP-DC27 Housing
UFL-165AD
INON AD Mount Base.

I haven’t quiet thought about strobes yet, I figure I get the camera, housing and WA lens decided on first.

The reason I've come up with that set-up is, a lot of posts say if wide angle is important then its best to pick the lens first and build a set-up around it, and the UFL-165AD seems to be a great way to get the best out of a point and shoot.
Does anybody have this set-up or know if it is good?
Also any other suggestions on a good reasonably priced WA set-up???

The Canon G12 and Canon S95 have also caught my eye as cameras but the G12 doesn’t seem to be the best for Wide-angle and the S95 doesn’t seem to be able to support the UFL-165AD lens.

Does anybody recommend any non-canon solutions???? Or does the set-up above seem good enough?????

and the S95 doesn’t seem to be able to support the UFL-165AD lens.

Does anybody recommend any non-canon solutions????

The S95 does not support ANY wet lenses! :idk:

There are perhaps 3 non-canon S95 HOUSING options that support multiple wet lenses! :eyebrow:

Have you looked at the many current and recent threads in the Canon Corner???? :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom