Advice on what Dacor to keep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeldonDowd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I hate getting rid of metal bodied seconds; however, I've got to unload some stuff. I have Dacor XLE, Dacor XLB and Dacor Totally Balanced seconds and am planning on keeping two on a 900 first stage. I don't know why I want them and don't really need them I just like metal regs. So out of those three choices which are keepers and which shall go to an eBay auction? Thanks for any advice.

Yeah most Dacor is junk. The only ones that go for good money is the early Dacor Darts. But you don't have any. Maybe you can get brass scrap for them.

I hate getting rid of metal bodied seconds; however, I've got to unload some stuff. I have Dacor XLE, Dacor XLB and Dacor Totally Balanced seconds and am planning on keeping two on a 900 first stage. I don't know why I want them and don't really need them I just like metal regs. So out of those three choices which are keepers and which shall go to an eBay auction? Thanks for any advice.
WeldonDowd, there are a few vintage divers who are very prejudiced against any single hose regulator. I will say that, owning two Dacor Darts, these are not very good regulators (one honked horribly on inhalation). At one point I cut the LP hose from the second stage so I would not be tempted to use it in the water again.

Dacor's later regulators, the Olympic and the PACER series were very nice regulators. I'd look at the exhausts, and keep the ones with the largest exhaust openings (they varied), and with silicone diaphragms and exhaust valves. I really liked my PACER.

SeaRat

My main reg I used last year was a 950/XLE, I dove it in 42* water with no problems. The best thing about the two big exhaust valves is if you needed to puke through a reg I would prefer to puke through a Pacer.

K gotcha. Superstar, did u get that 950 from me? I know we traded some regs but can't remember exactly what.

My main reg I used last year was a 950/XLE, I dove it in 42* water with no problems. The best thing about the two big exhaust valves is if you needed to puke through a reg I would prefer to puke through a Pacer.
Please, please take the regulator out of your mouth for this maneuver; you'll enjoy the regulator much more if it never experiences the above.

SeaRat

Please, please take the regulator out of your mouth for this maneuver; you'll enjoy the regulator much more if it never experiences the above.

SeaRat

I remember a discussion about vomiting where it was suggested that the possibility of taking a reflexive deep breath afterward meant it was best to do this with a reg in your mouth.

I like my metal-bodied regs. I've got several conshelfs, some MR-12s, and now am acquiring some 109s. That said, to make room for the "newer" regs, I'm getting rid of my old Dacor 900/Pacer reg.

I got all those too and the Dacors hold their own compared to them.

K gotcha. Superstar, did u get that 950 from me? I know we traded some regs but can't remember exactly what.

I got my 950 off ebay for $.99 a few years back. You got some J-rods and the Nemrod and I got the Dacor regs and gauges, correct??

---------- Post Merged at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:32 AM ----------

SeaRat
My dive buddies advanced dive training was so good, he pukes for me through his reg. It's called the padi buddy puking system.
hahahahahahah!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom