Advice on Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krnielse

Registered
Reaction score
Hi divers,
Im off to Cuba next month and looking to do some diving there, so really looking for any advice possible on best spots.

Have already excluded Maria del Gorda (been there) and Jardin de la Reina (too expensive).

Any tips on the northern coast (Cayo Coco etc.) and the southern coast from Trinidad to Isla Juventud are of great interest.

Tnx,
Kim

Hi Kim, my wife and I just got back from Varadaro and I wish I could tell you about the diving. For most of the last week of Feb the wind howled. Beach was red flagged for three days. Neither Barracuda or Gaviota were going out, except for trips across the island to Bay of Pigs. The wall we did our two dives on was good for coral but not a lot of fish. Most of the divemasters I talked to said Maria del Gorda was the spot to be. Did you like MDG? We were thinking of going there next winter.

Troy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom