Advice on CHEAP underwater starter set-ups?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

birdnerd

New
Reaction score
I'm looking for a very basic digital camera to use underwater. I can't stand not being able to take pictures everywhere I go, but I'm on a very tight budget at the moment, and don't want to spend much more than $100 on an underwater set-up (just a camera, plus housing if necessary; I'm not looking to get a strobe light or any other accessories). I've been looking at the Pixtreme PX2 but can't find many reviews of it. Does anyone have any insights about this model, or any others in that price range? Thanks!

I know you might be currently working with a small budget....but if I were you I would wait till you can save up for a bigger investment.

The reason being You might not be very happy with the results. one of the best/cheapest set-ups you can do is a olypus/cannon camera in the factory housing...they can achieve pretty good pics.

Another option is to search e-bay to see what you can find....maybe an old camera that still works, then you only have to worry about finding the housing for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom