Advice on Adjustable Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judestudio

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone with experience on the Adjustable Force Fins? They sound like a good idea. I have both soft and hard sole booties and will be getting drysuit boots in the near future. Instead of having several fins to fit the different sizes, I'm hoping the Adjustable FF be accommodate them all (using the insoles for soft sole booties).

My question is, how does the Adjustable FF perform compare to the Original FF? Does the buckle system have any effect to the durability and performance? In place of one solid piece on the foot pocket, I'm worried the strap might break off one day...

I have been advised about the benefits with the Pro model, unfortunately the Adjustable doesn't come in the Pro materials. I prefer something I can use for all my boot sizes.

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

Yup, checked there before I post. And checked out all Adjustable FF posts too.

I couldn't find answers specific to durability and comparison to the normal Original FF (there were some compared to the Pros), in terms of durability and usability. Since that's a FF forum which will naturally attract fans...I thought posting here at the general page would get a more "all around" response.

they are basically the same fin as the Original with the adjustable foot pocket. Some people like them, some don't. They should be more comfortable than the basic foot pocket, but the reviews that I have seen, many people prefer the standard pocket as it feels more secure. I personnally love the normal pocket and I have no problems getting my foot into a XXL with a drysuit boot or my 3mm soft soled booties. I often just add the comfort instep to make them fit a little more snug in the soft bootie, but sometimes I don't even bother with that.

Sure you can add the Force wings to them, but with the basic fin shape you really don't need them

...I personnally love the normal pocket and I have no problems getting my foot into a XXL with a drysuit boot or my 3mm soft soled booties. I often just add the comfort instep to make them fit a little more snug in the soft bootie, but sometimes I don't even bother with that.
Thanks meesier. It's great to know it fitted soft soles AND drysuit boots (fascinating!). If I get to choose I would also prefer one solid piece over the buckle system, and that I have the option to the pro model as well. But if not, then the Adjustables are good alternatives.

Sure you can add the Force wings to them, but with the basic fin shape you really don't need them
Is there a reason why the the basic fin shape "don't need" the Force Wings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom