Advice for family + diving holiday in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daniel7777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone

We are looking to get a family holiday in July ( 2 divers adults plus 2 kids 9 , 10 ) . Baja California got my attention so anyone can reccomend a good hotel 5* for family but also we want to mix with diving so we are looking to have a private boat taking us for full day dives but a boat big enough ( kids would get borred on a small speed boat ) with staff to acomodate kids do snorkeling or jet skiing with them while we are diving.

We never traveled to Mexico but ussualy in Asia we can easily do this getting a 50 60 feet boat with staff that felt us and kids feel safe and have a good time.

Any advices would be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much

I would contact the local marina or the hotel concierge.
Thank you very much for your reply, I have not done yet the hotel booking I hope someone with experince in that area could help me.

it matters where the hotel should be located if there are any boats willing to do all this, how long till marina and so on. Maybe better we spend 5 days on a liveaboard but should be a private one otherwise other divers would throw us in the water because of kids :) joking probably kids would not be even allowed.

Since is so far we cant go there to try and next time get a better choice :)

In Maldives is easy they pick up from resort every morning and we return in the evening. Maybe in Mexico thats not even possible so we need to wait few more years till kids grow.

Thank you !

My information is dated, but if it was me I would ask about dive shops in La Paz , then contact them and ask if they know about any crewed boats that I could stay on and they could come out an get you to go diving. Going out to the inland's would be a long ride each day but if you are already out there the dive shop would be doing the ride (they would be anyway) without you and you would have a short ride when they picked you up. If the kids snorkel, one of the dives would be with seals.
I do not know if jet ski would be available, it would be a lot of beach time and no eating out.
Not sure you will find a 5* in La Paz but my information is dated.
Not sure you are going to find what you are looking for in Baja.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom