Advice for diving in SA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone,

I am a 19 years old from Germany and I did my OWD about 1.5 years ago wirh SSI. I am pretty new to diving but I love snorkeling, swimming and marine wildlife. To get a divers license was a dream for many years. Now I am for a year in Cape Town doing volunteer work. The perfect diving opportunity.
It would be great if experienced divers could give me some advice where to dive, which diving operators are the best etc. I would love to see the sardine run, but I wont be able to afford longer trips. Does anyone know if its possible to go out for 1 or 2 days only? I would also love to do shark diving, but after some research I am a bit sceptical. Do you guys know a diving operator that takes wildlife conservation serious and offers a bit more than 5 minutes with the shark in the water?

Thanks for all the help and if there are any divers out there who would like a dive buddy to join them. I would love to.
Cheers
Philipp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom