advanced open water with padi or naui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

should i take the advanced classa with padi or naui and plsese say why
thanks
Why do you need to begin your Advanced course at such an early stage in your development? If you were preparing to go on a live-aboard, you could do one there. Neither agency is preferable over the other this early on. If you said you were going to be a Divemaster, and were interested in working in the industry, then PADI would be more suited since, they are everywhere. Dive operators will hire any agency Divemaster when guiding. What you should be looking at is the Instructor's attitude.

Why do you need to begin your Advanced course at such an early stage in your development? If you were preparing to go on a live-aboard, you could do one there. Neither agency is preferable over the other this early on. If you said you were going to be a Divemaster, and were interested in working in the industry, then PADI would be more suited since, they are everywhere. Dive operators will hire any agency Divemaster when guiding. What you should be looking at is the Instructor's attitude.
Same old thing-- maybe he doesn't want to use liveaboard vacation time to do any course? So he gets AOW done locally and now has no issues with being allowed to 100'?

Same old thing-- maybe he doesn't want to use liveaboard vacation time to do any course? So he gets AOW done locally and now has no issues with being allowed to 100'?
Especially as it really isn't much of an "advanced" course for most. It is a ticket for deeper dives.

At least in my area the short pool times are ab economic issue with pool time at $160+/hour.

The irony is that when I taught for shops and switchef to teaching NB/T, I didn't need the full 6 hours, so I was able to have students "play games" that were basically task loading buoyancy drills.

I also prefer using the most pragmatic exercises to get students comfortable in the water.

Due to Covid last year, all pools were closed where I live. I have a friend with an in ground pool in their back yard, that is only 9' deep. I did two sessions in that before I moved to a lake for one session, for the confined water part of my OW. I was able to use that pool for free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom