Advanced Open Water in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidCarleton

Registered
Reaction score
Jenny and I are planning on taking our Advanced Open Water certification and our Nitrox certification when we travel to Grand Cayman in January.

Any suggestions as to which dive operation provides the best training???

Thanks,

David

It would be none other than "Neptune's Divers" and is run by one of our favorite Caribbean Cuties by the name of Caymancase. If you speak real softly with a John Wayne accent she might come up and give you the info you are looking for.

They run a first class outfit and have some really good equipment and boats. Tell her Iquana Don sent you.

ID

Don Foster's could help you with the AOW my girlfriend had a good experience taking some of her check out dives with them; however, the Nitrox is little different. Alot of the operators on GC are not offering EAN. The only one that I am aware of is Dive Tech. :jester:

My first choice would be Dive Tech. I've never taken a class from them or anyone else in GC but the Dive Tech staff is great and they have a very nice little shop with great diving right out front. If anyone is setup for Nitrox it would be them.

Scott=-)

I got PADI certified at Dive Tech....they are REALLY great. I first did a resort course with them (my intro to scuba) and when I returned the following year for vacation, did my cert. there. First class all the way, and there is no easier entry into the water than the one they have behind their shop! Here's the # if you want to call to see if they offer Nitrox: (345) 949-1700. Or email at divetech@candw.ky.

I have a personal friend that has worked at one of the LDS's for years and has recently taken a job at Dive Tech. He is a good instructor and all round nice guy. He will be starting after Christmas. Be happy to give you his name.

The operations with the 2 most experienced staff would be Sunset DIvers @ sunset house, and Divetech currently only @cobalt coast (their original store should be back soon -- was wiped out by michelle), with the experience edge going to Sunset house ( 3 of the staff were either current or former IANTD national directors).

I dive with both operations, shorediving at Sunset house is always good (also best boat on the island --- Manta), up by Divetech its great when you can get in the water (that side of the island is bad this time of the year)

I agree that Sunset House is a good op. I have been their a few times. The staff are nice as well. Also, if you dive there check out Cathy Church's undwater photography gallery. One of the best in the world and you can rent a good camera there.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom