Adobe New Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude_LA

Contributor
Reaction score
Last known coordinates: Western Hemisphere
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Say Goodbye to Creative Suite: Adobe CS Is Now Creative Cloud

Wow, I'm not sure I like this. I looked on the site, looks like aside from creative suite the stand alone Photoshop will be subscription only as well.
I'm so sick of the darn (substituted politically correct term for what I really wanted to say) CLOUD!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I realize divers are an insignificant part of their marketshare but all this cloud stuff makes me laugh.

Try accessing the cloud 20 miles from anything resembling the internet on a liveaboard.

Well, to be fair the CC software will work when you have no internet connection provided you don't actually store your files in the cloud. You install the software locally but it does checks on a schedule to make sure your subscription is paid. Which in Darwin's world will probably happen when you are on that liveaboard.

In anycase, subscription only sux. So Apple like in nature... What next subscription PCs , or how about subscription C-Cards....

Last edited:
Well, to be fair the CC software will work when you have no internet connection provided you don't actually store your files in the cloud. You install the software locally but it does checks on a schedule to make sure your subscription is paid.
Is that so? Then why on earth do they call it "cloud"? :confused: And how would that keep people from cracking the software and disabling those subscription checks, as they've always done in the past?

Is that so? Then why on earth do they call it "cloud"?

Probably because like everything cloud, it's all based on shoving recurring revenue down our throats, like it or not. That will be the new way to make money I guess.
Also, there are some added things like collaborative features that allow groups to work on the same projects, etc when the files are stored in the cloud. So, that's definitely cloudy.
Not sure on the hacks.

But for the poor sucka that just wants to buy an upgrade legally and is fine with that version for 3yrs, He be El' Screwed. Hell, Netflix is only $7.99 and I use it every day !!

Now $30 month for a program I fire up on occasion, Humbug !!!
The $19.99 price is for a short time then $29.99.

Well, to be fair the CC software will work when you have no internet connection provided you don't actually store your files in the cloud. You install the software locally but it does checks on a schedule to make sure your subscription is paid. Which in Darwin's world will probably happen when you are on that liveaboard.

In anycase, subscription only sux. So Apple like in nature... What next subscription PCs , or how about subscription C-Cards....

How is this Apple like in nature? I don't pay any subscription fees for any Apple services and I use quite a few.

Is that so? Then why on earth do they call it "cloud"? :confused: And how would that keep people from cracking the software and disabling those subscription checks, as they've always done in the past?

They've had major issues with people being confused over the "cloud" naming and rightly so. They were just trying to sound hip when the "cloud" part really doesn't mean a thing. I'm kind of expecting some kind of crack at some point, but we'll see.

How is this Apple like in nature? I don't pay any subscription fees for any Apple services and I use quite a few.
What I meant by that was not directly related to "Software as a Service". I was referring to things like, non-user replaceable batteries. Putting weird screws on the laptops in an effort to keep me from changing a battery or harddrive. If you got one with out the weird screws they will quietly change them to those if you ever have it serviced. Forcing me to use LooneyTunes to put music on my devices instead of drag and drop. I do IT for a living and the list of business networking complaints like this is long and nasty. Basically the keep the customer totally dependent on us mentality. Sorry if I offended any Apple evangelics, just my opinion based on experience, was the best analogy I could come up with. My two cents.

In summary; I just want to be able to buy my software and use it at that price until I feel I need an upgrade.
This really hits home because I want to upgrade now, go figure, what timing
I'm not interested in stealing anything, don't really care about the hacks.

Reactions: dfx

Back
Top Bottom