Adjusting shearwater cloud printout templates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, i have a friend that is not very technically minded when it comes to computers who just bought a shearwater perdix. Awesome computer under the water. Crappy when you try and connect it to your computer. Anyway because fo the bluetooth problem they are having, we have moved him to shearwater cloud. He uploads to his phone, then pulls from the cloud to his computer so he can add notes. He really likes the templates that print out, however there are 2 issues.
The first, it is it is showing surface temperature, and AVERAGE water temperature. Can this be changed to show minimum? And if so, how? I can't seem to find any info on how to change the template for printing.
Also, when he comes to surface, it takes the computer 10 min to turn itself off, and it seems to be logging that as bottom time! This may be a setting in the computer, or perhaps in the program, either way, does anyone know who to change this?
Finally, does anyone know how to get it working with Subsurface? When I tell it to connect to a shearwater perdix on the computer, it still wants to use a comm port... Should it not be trying to connect to the bluetooth? And if so, how do I change that?
Thanks all in advance.

I believe shearwater is now using bluetooth low energy (BLE) instead of normal bluetooth. One of the nice things about BLE is that you don't pair devices as with regular bluetooth. However, as for subsurface:

subsurface website:
How do I download dives from my Bluetooth LowEnergy, BLE, Bluetooth Smart dive computer (e.g., Shearwater Perdix AI, Shearwater Perdix (latest models), Suunto EON Steel)?
At this point (May 2018, Subsurface 4.7.8) the release versions of Subsurface for Linux and Mac and Subsurface-mobile for iOS and Android support connecting to dive computers over BLE. We are continuing to work on this support for Windows, but don’t have a version that supports BLE on Windows, yet. In the meantime we suggest using Subsurface-mobile on iOS or Android to download from your dive computer and then sync the dive data via the Subsurface Cloud.
Source: FAQ | Subsurface (hopefully the website is merely out of date, May 2018 was a long time ago)

For now, you'll have to use a mac or linux to download from Shearwater to subsurface directly. You could probably export from shearwater cloud and import into subsurface.

The display of average temps (or min/max) is usually something simply done in the display on your logging software. The dive computers I've used all log temp many times in the log. In subsurface, you get a graph point of the temp along your dive. Then you can also have it calc min/max/avg temps.

Okay, well that isn't an option for my friend. Using a mac or PC. I use SubSurface myself for my dive computer and love it, so thought that might solve some of the problems.
But no, we are looking to modify the template for the Shearwater cloud printouts. I can't find a setting anywhere that allows me to change from showing average temp to minimum temp on the printouts. I was hoping someone knew how to change that template, or knew if it was even changeable.
P.S. Thanks for the super fast reply.

shearwater customer service is excellent, just e-mail them and ask, and then post for all of us too :)

Thanks for the advise. Sent them an e-mail. We will see how it goes. I will post an update if/when I get a reply.

Recent versions of subsurface can do Bluetooth LE under windows as well and talk to the perdix. But admittedly the connection is somewhat brittle.

Recent versions of subsurface can do Bluetooth LE under windows as well and talk to the perdix. But admittedly the connection is somewhat brittle.
Can you provide details on how to do it, or a link to directions? The one I have is latest (Updated before I tried to connect it) and it insisted on using a com port...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom