Adjusting final pressure on a mariner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing to be ashamed of. The 8&*%$# Bauer drains are just like that, stiff and hard to seal. The springs cannot be depended on, it takes muscle. I've been known to drill out the seat holders and insert teflon plugs. Why manufacturers of valves use thermo plastics instead of teflon is beyond me. There is simply no comparison for sealing high pressure.

This is an old post but I am trying to adjust the valve on top of my po triplex filter housing. It is set at 4500 from the factory and I would like to adjust it to 3300. It is a Capitano block. The link posted above referring to page 38 no longer works. Does anyone have a tech manual that describes exactly how to adjust the relief valve?

You know that by turning the adjustment knob down (clockwise), you can lower the relief pressure. But if you want a permanent fix, here ya go.

You will need two 13mm wrenches, a flat blade screw driver and a 10mm wrench. One of the 13mm wrenches needs to have the open end ground down to fit underneath the lock nut under the adjustment cap.

Remove the safety adjustment cap by removing the 10mm nuts. You may have to cut the wire and remove it. When the cap is removed, the safety will be exposed. Hook up a tank as if you were going to fill, but leave the tank valve closed, close the bleed screw and open the fill whip valve. Start the compressor and let it run up to relief pressure. Using the ground down, open end of the 13mm wrench, secure the relief just below the lock nut. Holding that wrench firmly, use the other 13mm wrench to loosen the lock nut. Using the screw driver, turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the gauge on the fill whip reaches the desired pressure setting. Secure the lock nut. During the adjustment, you will have back the lock nut up with your fingers to prevent it from locking as you turn the screw driver. Bleed pressure off at the bleed screw and tighten it back. Do this several times to be sure your setting is correct. Adjust if needed. You can turn off the compressor now. Replace the cap, making sure the adjustment knob is at full open (ccw), before securing the 10mm nuts. Keep in mind, that if your compressor is still under warranty, you just voided it.

PS- Bauer does not allow the end user to make safety adjustments, so no manual will have instructions. If your unit is older, the Tower may not have an adjustment knob. Not likely, as those machines were rated to 3600 psi.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom