Adjust Cressi XS Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pbp91

New
Reaction score
Have a new Cressi XS Octopus regulator that I am using for my compressor/Hookah system.

Compressor is putting out 2.2cfm at 90psi with a 2gal storage tank and 75’ of hose. One 40micron water separator/filter at tank and one 40micron filter close to regulator.

My question is can or should I adjust the regulator to lower breathing effort while inhaling as I am only running at 90psi?

Is it via the Allen head fitting opposite the hose side?.....
Thx

Yes, you do want to lower your breathing effort with an intermediate pressure of only 90 psi.
Am unbalanced second stage like the XS will be very stiff without adjustment.

And yes, the hex fitting on the other side gives you access to the poppet nut.

But simple as these are, I would not make this your first foray into regulator maintenence. The interplay between spring tension, lever height and orifice is not an intuitive one. It is also an extremely precise one. More than one diver has fixed a downstream freeflow only to create an unbreathable regulator due to lever drop.

Let me recommend that you get someone to lead you through this process, for safety.

Yes, you do want to lower your breathing effort with an intermediate pressure of only 90 psi.
Am unbalanced second stage like the XS will be very stiff without adjustment.

And yes, the hex fitting on the other side gives you access to the poppet nut.

But simple as these are, I would not make this your first foray into regulator maintenence. The interplay between spring tension, lever height and orifice is not an intuitive one. It is also an extremely precise one. More than one diver has fixed a downstream freeflow only to create an unbreathable regulator due to lever drop.

Let me recommend that you get someone to lead you through this process, for safety.
Thx!....will look for competent shop

Back
Top Bottom