Adella Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the pics I saw, i wouldn't

Some video of the wreck can be found in this article.

Why wouldnt it be? Legal reasons, ............or?
I haven’t done a ton of Great Lakes shipwreck diving, but I know from friends that weather conditions can be tricky to get to some of them. So wasnt sure if its in place that makes it inaccessible.

Plus at 650 feet - it’s not like there will be a ton of divers able to access it

Yea nobody is going down to 650 in Lake Superior. The Fitzgerald at 490-530 was hard enough to pull off and took a welding shop amount of has to pull off.

Yea nobody is going down to 650 in Lake Superior. The Fitzgerald at 490-530 was hard enough to pull off and took a welding shop amount of has to pull off.
Yeah, thats what they said about a lot of dives. And if your talking about TNT and the Mad Russian on the Fitz, then no, it was certainly not that hard to pull off. As for gas, well, they were on OC after all (and money was no object to Mike anyway :thumb:).

The following chart - which contains many dives that "they" said couldn't be done - may be out of date by now. Back in 1999 the Fitz was the deepest, by 2019 it wasn't in the top ten. Extracted from Extending The Envelope Revisited: Correcting The Record of the 30 Deepest Tech Shipwreck Dives

Attachments

• 30_deepest_Shipwrecks_updated-1.png
    30_deepest_Shipwrecks_updated-1.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 9
Yeah, thats what they said about a lot of dives. And if your talking about TNT and the Mad Russian on the Fitz, then no, it was certainly not that hard to pull off. As for gas, well, they were on OC after all (and money was no object to Mike anyway :thumb:).

The following chart - which contains many dives that "they" said couldn't be done - may be out of date by now. Back in 1999 the Fitz was the deepest, by 2019 it wasn't in the top ten. Extracted from Extending The Envelope Revisited: Correcting The Record of the 30 Deepest Tech Shipwreck Dives
The only reason why they did the Fitz was because of the publicity of the wreck. The Fitz has gravitas that few other wrecks worldwide gets.

The list you posted does not list any other wreck that includes the Great Lakes due to the isolated location, and cold top to bottom. The Aurania is probably the second deepest wreck ever done by divers @440' near Parsienne. The Cyprus at 400, HB Smith at 530, and now Adella Shores, Harriet B, and Isoco sit at 650 and will probably never see a human Diver because they just don't hold the interest for that uncomfortable of a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom