Question Adding weight to unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Cobra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may seem like a no brained for some, but I am looking for some suggestions to adding weight to a Megalodon. It’s about that time of year where I’m getting cold, and my first winter on a unit.

Open circuit was a no brained, V/Tail weight for appropriate lead and jump in. However my Meg doesn’t have space for weights between the can and plate.

I’m just looking to see some ideas from others here, as I don’t particularly want to put weight pouches on my cylinders or thread weights onto my harness.

I was thinking possibly using small bungee loops to secure 1-2# soft bags to the back of the backplate?

how much do you need to add? The Meg uses a standard single tank adapter so you can always use a weighted one.
These have a 6lb lead insert that is removable

I’m not sure yet, I’ll be getting in this weekend to check, however that’s an awesome idea!

Thanks for pointing that out!

What I have been known to do just to get weighting dialed in (zero in the trim department) is drop a few pounds of weight in the drysuit pockets. Once you have the weight correct then find a home for the weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom