Add à after 10 divers in 4 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got bent, marbeled back, pain on shoulder And à very small tingering on the upper side off thé left foot. Got oxygen for 5 hours . All symptômes dissapeared within thé hour We are on vacation in lembeh for another 10 Days. I got very differrent answers from hyperbaric doctors. Stop diving untill médical exam, to,,,, 7 days to until nitrogen is aired out. Restrictions to shallow depth with nitrox.

Can someone here help me draw à conclusion,? Thank you for helping à despérate diver

all dives were Well within thé sécurité curve. Avérage 18 to 25m with 20 Last minutes in shallow depths 5/10 m

I think the restriction to shallow depths with nitrox are fine. Drink plenty of water and lay off the 5 a day.

I think this thread would get a better response in the dive medicine forum. Would OP like it moved there @Freewillow ?

Yes, please move it. I thought I was on déco doc subforum. Those are so difficult on a small smartphone when on is used to à pc

Total symptômes free now . Thé problèm is That i Will Have to get dan permission in order to be covered for next dives. How can I convince them ?

Yes. Well that won't happen

I am afraid so :rant:. Chambre, if needed, is too far away from sulawesi. Air transport to Bali or Singapore. Not worth the financial risk :fear:

Got bent, marbeled back, pain on shoulder And à very small tingering on the upper side off thé left foot. Got oxygen for 5 hours . All symptômes dissapeared within thé hour We are on vacation in lembeh for another 10 Days. I got very differrent answers from hyperbaric doctors. Stop diving untill médical exam, to,,,, 7 days to until nitrogen is aired out. Restrictions to shallow depth with nitrox.

Can someone here help me draw à conclusion,? Thank you for helping à despérate diver

Freewillow,

We typically advise divers with type II symptoms that fully resolve with treatment to refrain from diving for at least 30 days. This allows the any inflammation to subside. DAN will probably not cover you if you dive again and experience DCS during this trip. This probably isn't what you were hoping to hear, but my recommendation would be to snorkel for the rest of the trip. A diving medical professional who examined you in person might offer more liberal advice, but that's about the best I can do over the internet.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom