adapting a color correcting lense to a DC 500??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karger56

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried adapting an underwater filter to their DC 500? is it even possible and what problems would I encounter. I was thinking of trying to adapt the lense for Bonica cameras.

There is a man that makes special custom lenses for any camera. But I forgot his name.. If you find it let me know..

that would be great. we are going to little brac in about 3 weeks and this was an afterthought i wish i had started beforehand.

The DC500 comes with an internal color correction - if you put the camera into "Sea Mode" it automatically replaces the lost colors underwater. It adds the reds back into the pictures so you get true color. Try it above water, you will notice that your LCD screen turns everything red.

I use that also Denise. But we need some more color if we don't have strobes.

I have a strobe but its so cumbersome. I like how compact the unit is without it. It will clip onto a D ring and fit in a BC pocket. So when i am just cruising around its out of the way. Now, if i was diving deep I would definitely use my strobe but for 40 ft dives probably not. I would just like to get more brilliant colors. Everything has a green/blue hue to it. Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here but thought a red filter would correct this. I was thinking of taking the Boinca filter and fitting it inside the housing right up against the clear lens. That way no modification is really needed .... just a "dab" of something to hold it in place. I'm diving little Brac in a couple weeks and would like to try something. LOVE this camera, Denise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom