Adapter for filling tanks at a fire station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be very very very careful..... those utility trucks are supposed to be tested and filtered for grade E air. However, keep an eye on how often those trucks go get serviced and air quality tested.

Be very very very careful..... those utility trucks are supposed to be tested and filtered for grade E air. However, keep an eye on how often those trucks go get serviced and air quality tested.

trucks? most of the ones I see/use are installed fill stations, not mobiles. In either instance, they should all have at least yearly maintenance and air checks, pretty sure it's required

Yes they do have yearly tests etc. but they also sit in very nasty conditions at fires and those filters get their fill. We do have a fixed compressor down at admin and it gets tested regularly. But, I know the mobile ones on our utility trucks get annuals.... but that is one of the things I am pushing for now is to get it done quarterly.... politics and budget...

Yes they do have yearly tests etc. but they also sit in very nasty conditions at fires and those filters get their fill. We do have a fixed compressor down at admin and it gets tested regularly. But, I know the mobile ones on our utility trucks get annuals.... but that is one of the things I am pushing for now is to get it done quarterly.... politics and budget...

ahh, I only fill from the stationary ones

ahh, I only fill from the stationary ones

Smart man. I bought my own compressor and do my own testing and maintenance. I have seen the filters we pull out of our utility trucks and makes me really hesitant to even breath it out of or scba’s let alone out of a Scuba tank at depth.

You would think working for the 4th largest FD in the country that there wouldn’t be an issue trying to get quartly testing wouldn’t be an issue..... it’s amazing what and where the city will cut corners

Back
Top Bottom