Accomodations Bangka Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking forward to next year's NS trip! Which of the Bangka Islands accomodations do you recommend? What is the price range and quality of diving op?

Thanks so much!
Pamela:wink:

Murex has a resort on Bangka itself and offers dive tours as well. They also run the Lembeh Resort and have two "liveaboards" (not all that fancy though).
Next to Bangka Island is Gangga Island and there is a really nice resort. From Gangga its very easy to do daytrips to Bangka's dive sites. Have a look atr their website http://www.ganggaisland.com/

Aye, Bangka Dive Resort (along with Lembeh Resort) have diving run by Murex, the "pioneers" of Sulawesi diving. Bangka Resort is simple, small and quiet:

Bangka Dive Resort

I stayed with Blue Bay Divers on the small island of Sahaung, next to Bangka. A very small but nice resort: http://www.bluebaydivers.de/site/index.php?d=0&option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en

They know the dive sites very well and can show you critters almost as good as in Lembeh strait. I even saw a dugong there (not a real critter... ;-)).

The resort is quite basic (although perfectly clean) and therefore much cheaper than some of the more luxurious resorts around. It is run by a very nice German lady called Anke with her Indonesian partner Salmon.

Gangga Island Resort is great. I have been there three years in a row. Good accommodations and excellent food. The guides are excellent and you can dive all of the areas around Bangka Island to include the Northern Sulawesi coast. Do not miss diving Batu Gosoh, Sahong I, and Pulisan-Batu Mandi.

Back
Top Bottom