accomodation suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lauriek

New
Reaction score
Coming to Coz. in April with my daughter (14). Both of us are certified and will go out diving a few times, but would like to have the option of also shore diving (we got spoiled in Bonaire) We are looking for a place to stay and would like suggestions. I found a place that seemed ideal, but after almost 2 weeks and 2 emails without a response, I gave up. We would like to be on the water, good snorkeling/shore diving, either small hotel or condo. We will have a car but close to town would also be nice. No AI's. Thanks for all your help.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Check out Plaza Las Glorias. If you do a search on the board I think you will find it has most of what you are looking for. It is inexpensive, clean and right on the water. The rooms have fridges and AC. There is a grocery store right across the street and the snorkeling out in front is probably as good as you will find on Cozumel. Its a nice place to swim and hang out. Don't forget to walk up towards the Catholic Church and eat at La Cocay.

lauriek once bubbled...
Coming to Coz. in April with my daughter (14). Both of us are certified and will go out diving a few times, but would like to have the option of also shore diving (we got spoiled in Bonaire) We are looking for a place to stay and would like suggestions. I found a place that seemed ideal, but after almost 2 weeks and 2 emails without a response, I gave up. We would like to be on the water, good snorkeling/shore diving, either small hotel or condo. We will have a car but close to town would also be nice. No AI's. Thanks for all your help.

Check out Caribe Blu, formerly (recently) Lorena. They are still dealing with domain name stuff, but they have a website at http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/la-reina/. The folks out by the pool in the photo at the top of their home page are me, my mom, and my sister, I'm pretty sure( See stargirl's review at http://www.scubaboard.com/t34010/s355382f46769d6087e547bb90bcb296c.html). .

It is small, only 21 rooms. Clean, comfortable, A/C'ed rooms. Pool and dock. Right on the water. Not expensive. Snack bar and dive shop (Blue Angel, highly rated) on site, but no restaurant or bar. Decent shore diving/snorkeling. Close enough to town to be a cheap cab ride, but far enough out that you won't have cruise ship people to deal with. My family has been staying there for a couple of weeks every spring or summer for over 20 years; we absolutely love the place.

You might want to rethink having a car, though. Cabs are cheap and plentiful, and the only reason you'd really need a car is to trek around the island; a one day rental is good for that. Parking can be a hassle, too.

I have some stuff posted at http://www.jumpstartmusic.com/CozTrav2000/index.html that might be of some interest to you. Some of the info is a little out of date (Joe's Reggae Bar has moved, f'rinstance), but most of it is still valid.

Enjoy your trip!

i would recommend you to stay at villa ana maria

an international crew made my stay super cool and lots of fun or peace as was required

plus they know lots of good locals for everything you need

i loved it there and will be back soon

www.mayaroute.org

If you have any questions about PLG please let me know. We just got back, and had a wonderful time. I will post a trip report eventually.

Caribe Blu is a nice place, it is a little ways south of town so plan to rent a vehicle or cab it. PLG is nice, a bit more expensive but with more amenities and within easy walking distance from town. Brisas is within walking distance from town, has a nice large pool and is a good value however it is across the street from the ocean if you were hopeing for an ocean view room. Brisas has a tunnel that goes under the coastal road to their own beach club area though for ocean access.

You may also want to check out Villa Aldora for a nice, quiet bed and breakfast atmosphere. It is located by the marina north of town, on the ocean and has a variety of options for room size and price. www.aldora.com.

Have a great trip.

Back
Top Bottom