Accessory pouch for BP/W set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neal Yang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm diving with the DiveRite Transpac XT Travelpac BP/W BC and I have a few accessories that I like to bring down (Torchlight, Gopro, DSMB & feel). At the moment, I clip it on the D-Rings And stuff them around so they don't dangle much, but they do get loose and dangle anyway. Was wondering what you guys here do? Do you get tech shorts with the big pockets? Do you get an accessory pouch to attach to the BC?

Do you get tech shorts with the big pockets? Do you get an accessory pouch to attach to the BC?

Pocket shorts.......where on your waist strap do you have room for an "Accessory Pouch"?

I've tried the diverite thigh pouch. It works but I always feel it shifting a little when I'm swimming along and I've forgotten it on the boat once or twice. There's an attachment point that your waist strap goes into and a large strap that goes around your thigh.

If you dive with a wetsuit, you can buy glue-on thigh pouches. Then you'll have large pockets on the wetsuit permanently. If you don't dive with a wetsuit, get "pocket shorts" as others have mentioned.

I'm going to get something like this to attach to my BC.

Mask Pocket

Tech shorts with pockets seem to be popular too.
Eric went through several and this is the same one he likes. But it is smallish. Not enough room for all the stuff the op posted.

Eric went through several and this is the same one he likes. But it is smallish. Not enough room for all the stuff the op posted.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I was curious on the size (for some reason, that didn't jump out to me). The other one I like the looks of is almost three times the price.

BTW, that diverite pouch is big. You should be able to fit everything you listed with room to spare. I usually keep a mask, snorkel, dsmb, reel, light, and nautilus lifeline in mine. I started with a "regular" dry snorkel. The snorkel did stick out the end of the pouch some. I later switched to a roll-up snorkel.

I guess I've gotten complacent. It just occurred to me that I did a whole trip to Cozumel without any backup stuff in pockets. I did clip the light, lifeline, and dsmb elsewhere but I didn't carry the spare mask or snorkel.

When I carry a camera (gopro or otherwise) I usually do not want it in my pocket. In part because I might forget to use it, but also because I want it in the camera bucket on the boat so it's less likely to fog. I have a boltsnap on my gopro (or other camera) handle and I clip it to a chest d-ring if I'm not actively using it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom