? about the Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterduck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Right now,I am using a Sunnto Zoop but the bright screen on the Perdix catches my eye,pun intended. One feature that I do like on the Zoop is the safety stop and countdown between my 15 or 20 foot stop.Does the Perdix do that?

yes it does, but only on the recreational nitrox mode. If you leave it on the OC-Tec mode I don't think it gives a safety stop. Granted it's been a while since I did a NDL dive on my Petrel, but I don't think when I've been teaching that it ever gives a safety stop countdown.

edit: there is no mention of a safety stop in the normal manual, so I assume this is a Rec. Nitrox Mode feature only

On the Perdix, in rec mode, you can even change the safety stop to adaptive so that if you go below 100' it will switch the safety stop to 5min.

Right now,I am using a Sunnto Zoop but the bright screen on the Perdix catches my eye,pun intended. One feature that I do like on the Zoop is the safety stop and countdown between my 15 or 20 foot stop.Does the Perdix do that?

what pun?

In rec mode, yes. Not in normal OC tech mode.

It has a timer, so with two quick button clicks you can active it and stay as long as you want.

yes it does, but only on the recreational nitrox mode. If you leave it on the OC-Tec mode I don't think it gives a safety stop. Granted it's been a while since I did a NDL dive on my Petrel, but I don't think when I've been teaching that it ever gives a safety stop countdown.

edit: there is no mention of a safety stop in the normal manual, so I assume this is a Rec. Nitrox Mode feature only

At least for the time being,I will not be diving Nitox so I was going to keep the perdix as conservative as possible on just compressed air diving. I like seeing the countdown in my face as I am stopped at 20 feet.Being almost 70 years old,I don't like tempting fate and the old eyes aren't what they used to be.

Safety stop is on rec mode only, regardless of gas choice. Just FYI the high conservancy setting is VERY conservative. I use medium which is a GF of 40/85

The pun was that the screen "caught your eye", yes?

My avatar pic is me riding out a "deco" stop with the Perdix conservancy on high while everyone else was still well within NDL

FWIW, the Deepblu Cosmiq is out now and seems to be a VERY readable PDC.

For comparison with a Suunto. They might be a little lighter on the wallet at 300$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom