Abaco - Family Trip and Diving Input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost69

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was considering a family trip to Abaco in Nov 2008 and was hoping to do some diving while I was there. Does anyone have any input on the quality of diving in Abaco, who to dive with, or where to stay?

Do any operations cater more to more advanced divers? I do not mind diving with newly certified divers but I would hope for some personal discretion while planning my own dives since I am an instructor myself. I just do not want to hook up with a charter operation who's mainstay is new divers or a high propensity towards discover scuba charters, that's all...

I was considering staying at Bahamas Beach Club. Has anyone ever stayed there before?
Bahamas Family Resort - Caribbean Weddings - Abaco Beach Resort

Any lodging or charter operations input for Abaco would be greatly apprecaited.

Bahamas Beach Club is in Treasure Cay. The beach is beautiful but not much more to do and it's not my favorite place to dive. Have you considered Marsh Harbour? Alot more to do, you can walk everywhere, other islands are easily accessible by ferry and diving is great. There's a dive shop that's been there forever and a really cool Canadian guy owns it. He'll put a package together for you and make recommendations on where to stay. Extremely reputable, Bahamas SCUBA Diving & Snorkeling with DIVE ABACO! Marsh Harbour, Abaco, Bahamas Since 1978. Give 'em a shout.

Thanks Dive Chickie! How far is Treasure Cay from Marsh Harbour? Is it possible or too much of a hassle to stay in Treasure Cay and dive out of Marsh Harbour? Where did you stay in Marsh Harbour?

Abaco - Family Trip and Diving Input

It's about 30 min from Treasure Cay to Marsh Harbour. And you can stay in Treasure Cay and dive out of Marsh Harbour as long as you rent a car. In Marsh Harbour, I stayed at the Regattas. It's like a condo with kitchen, 2 bdrms and baths and sleeper sofa. Perfectly located and has small beach and pool. Not the gorgeous beach like TC but nice. And Dive Abaco is across the street.

I was considering a family trip to Abaco in Nov 2008 and was hoping to do some diving while I was there. Does anyone have any input on the quality of diving in Abaco, who to dive with, or where to stay?

Do any operations cater more to more advanced divers? I do not mind diving with newly certified divers but I would hope for some personal discretion while planning my own dives since I am an instructor myself. I just do not want to hook up with a charter operation who's mainstay is new divers or a high propensity towards discover scuba charters, that's all...

I was considering staying at Bahamas Beach Club. Has anyone ever stayed there before?

My wife and I stayed at a time share @ Treasure Cay in Oct.07, right next to the Bahamas Beach Club. Dive Chickie is right in saying that the beach is spectacular! There is not much more to do in Marsh Habour than Treasure Cay. Treasure Cay has a beautiful golf course. No tee time necessary. We dove with Treasure Divers. The only thing is they have to have enough people to go out. We went the first day with wedding party of snorkelers. We dove some great reefs while they snorkled. But there are plenty of sites that Mario and Captain Sandy can take you. diverbyrnes

I just got back from diving Abaco (again). The weather was awesome and visibility incredible. Dove with Dive Abaco in Marsh Harbour. Stayed at the Regattas across the street. If you make reservations in advance, Dive Abaco will take you out even if there are no other divers. If you walk in they need a certain number like four or six, I can't remember. I personally think Marsh Harbour has a lot more to do than Treasure Cay, unless you golf. I emailed and they put a package together for me. Regardless of where you go, I'm sure you'll have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom