AA DFW to CZM 45 min connection. What is plan B?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishWatcher747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I think DFW only has one flight to Cozumel the 1220 arriving CZM 1500. I only have 45 minutes for me and my bag to make the connection in about 6 weeks.

If one misses the connection is there an alternative?

How about figure out how to get your checked bag back, recheck and get a flight to Cancun and do the bag drag?

Well if I was going to do that it would end up the same as missing the connection. I would stay over in Dallas and fly out the next day. If I was working I get what you mean but if you are retired it's a lot different.

I think DFW only has one flight to Cozumel the 1220 arriving CZM 1500. I only have 45 minutes for me and my bag to make the connection in about 6 weeks.

How about figure out how to get your checked bag back, recheck and get a flight to Cancun and do the bag drag?
FWIW, a few years ago we had a tight connection in HOU to catch the flight to CZM; we literally ran from one gate to the other and barely made it. We were worried about our bags but they told us at the second gate that if we could make the connection our bags would as well. They were right.

I am assuming its not a Saturday which allows for a flight via CLT. The connection is possible and would probably work (all BS aside the gate agents do watch the connection for passengers and try to get them on their connection in DFW) but if it does not work you could probably have them reroute you through Cancun on the 2:36 PM flight. Its a pain but figure a van (CvChiefs van guy $45) and a ferry ride. The 2:36 PM flight gets there at 5:21PM which allows for plenty of time to do the bag drag. Plan A will most likely work but plan B will save your dive the following day.
PS: I checked and you are diving with 3P, If you get stuck in DFW call the shop and have them call me, I am off that day (I think) and I have an extra room

I am assuming its not a Saturday which allows for a flight via CLT. The connection is possible and would probably work (all BS aside the gate agents do watch the connection for passengers and try to get them on their connection in DFW) but if it does not work you could probably have them reroute you through Cancun on the 2:36 PM flight. Its a pain but figure a van (CvChiefs van guy $45) and a ferry ride. The 2:36 PM flight gets there at 5:21PM which allows for plenty of time to do the bag drag. Plan A will most likely work but plan B will save your dive the following day.
PS: I checked and you are diving with 3P, If you get stuck in DFW call the shop and have them call me, I am off that day (I think) and I have an extra room
Nice offer, but isn’t the last person staying with you still missing?

:)

Did you book through AA? They will do their best to re-book you on a partnering airline(which includes the major airlines). I have successfully made tight connections, but am more OCD as a I get older. Take @gopbroek up on his offer :)

I have had something similar happen to me on my AA trip through Dallas to Cabo San Lucas to catch a LOB the next day. I had an early afternoon flight booked. They have changed to late morning giving me only 45 mins to connect. I don’t know the DFW airport at all. I have a call in now to find out why and what my options are.

It's doable, maybe. I have made many connections like that. It just depends on the arrival and departure gates as well as on-time performance of arriving flight. If you miss it, they can reroute you to Cancun leaving at 2:36pm for a bag-drag, or the 7:10pm flight at the worst. You didn't give the dates, but those flights are scheduled for May 13. As soon as convenient, email AA customer service to complain and request compensation for the trouble, extra cab, extra ferry. They'll probably give you a coupon for a couple of hundred on your next ticket.

they told us at the second gate that if we could make the connection our bags would as well. They were right.
Usually works. I think they put the bags with connections on last so they're first to come off to go to the next plane.

Last August when flights were so messed up, I had flights canceled for weather, another delayed, and it looked like I'd be stuck in DFW for two nights going to CZM or at least one night even getting to CUN, so I canceled at the check-in desk. Gave up. My bags went to DFW tho and it took several phone calls to get them returned.

Good luck.

I don’t know the DFW airport
The map: DFW International Airport | Official Website

But for any cruise or Liveaboard, I always suggest arriving a day early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom